When looking for back pain relief, many people turn to stretching or other exercises that may feel good in the short term, but may actually make your back pain worse. A better approach for to solving back pain is to learn ways to limit impact on the structure of our spine that can cause pain.
One of the best ways to limit impact on our spine is through developing muscular tension. Long hours of sitting, standing, or general inactivity can cause our muscle to ‘disengage’ leaving us rely on our more passive stabilizers in our spine. Over time, this leads to pain.
Which is why The Full Body Squeeze (see video below) is THE BEST EXERCISE you can do for back pain relief. Incorporating this exercise into your daily routine (especially if you work a job with lots of sitting and standing) can help ease back pain and keep it from coming back.
Learning how to develop tension in our body to take pressure off the structures in our low back is the best way to relieve back pain. The full body squeeze reengages the muscles that protect our spine that sometime ‘disengage’ with long hours of sitting or inactivity, leading to more pressure on the low back.
Other ways to limit impact on the spine for back pain relief include improving movement patterns, mobility, and strength. Be sure to check out our free introductory program where we teach you the EXACT program we’ve used to solve years of pain…even when nothing else has worked.
Limited By Back Pain? Get Started With Our Free Program
Solving Pain With Strength: An Approachable, Step-by-Step Strength Program For Adults Limited By Joint Pain
Don’t let back pain keep you from enjoying life. Be sure to check out other some of our other back pain articles for even more help:
- What Causes Lower Back Pain? Treating The Root Cause
- Ten Glute Bridge Progressions To Treat Low Back Pain
- Reasons To STOP Stretching For Lower Back Pain
- What Causes Lower Back Pain? Three Movements To Master
- Causes of Low Back Pain: Three Areas To Strengthen
- Lower Back Pain Causes: How Mobility Issues Can Lead To Back Pain
- Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Lower Back Pain
- How To Fix Lower Back Pain: Three Places To Start
- Ten Step Guide To Treating Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain Solutions: How To Improve Breathing For Less Back Pain
- The Best Low Impact Strength Exercises For Low Back Pain
- The Best Exercise For Low Back Pain You’re Probably Not Doing
- How To Fix Lower Back Pain With The Hinge
- Five Reasons For Lower Back Pain With Your Squat
- How To Solve Lower Back Pain That Comes And Goes
- How Stiff Ankles Can Cause Lower Back Pain
- What Is The Neutral Spine Position
- How To Find And Keep A Neutral Spine Position