Getting stronger is one of the best permanent back pain solutions we have available to us. Making sure our body is strong enough to handle our daily life is the best way to limit the impact on our back and keep us active, healthy and happy…regardless of age.
The last thing we want to do when introducing strength exercises is to aggravate out pain. Which is why it’s important that we choose strength exercises with the least amount of impact on the spine early in the process. In this article I’ve included the best low impact strength to start on your journey to solve back pain.
Building glute and hamstring strength is the most important thing someone with low back pain can do. The glute bridge is the safest and most effective way to introduce glute strengthening for anyone looking for back pain solutions. It’s also an easy exercise to progress to keep up with your ability level.
3. The Side Plank
Side planking is another isometric exercise that strengthens deeper low back stabilizers and an important strength exercise to improve back pain solutions. Start on your knees and work up to your feet.
4. The Birddog
The birddog is a great core coordination exercise as well as a beginning postural strength exercise. It’s low impact on the spine makes it ideal for an early strengthening exercise to solve back pain.
When using strength for our back pain solutions it’s important to find a starting point that is challenging AND safe. The four floor exercises are great ways to introduce strength training until your back heals enough to incorporate bigger movements.
If you’re looking for more, be sure to download our free program that includes the exact program we’ve used to solve years of back pain.
Limited By Back Pain? Get Started With Our Free Program
Solving Pain With Strength: An Approachable, Step-by-Step Strength Program For Adults Limited By Joint Pain
Don’t let back pain keep you from enjoying life. Be sure to check out other some of our other back pain articles for even more help:
- What Causes Lower Back Pain? Treating The Root Cause
- Ten Glute Bridge Progressions To Treat Low Back Pain
- Reasons To STOP Stretching For Lower Back Pain
- What Causes Lower Back Pain? Three Movements To Master
- Causes of Low Back Pain: Three Areas To Strengthen
- Lower Back Pain Causes: How Mobility Issues Can Lead To Back Pain
- Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Lower Back Pain
- How To Fix Lower Back Pain: Three Places To Start
- Ten Step Guide To Treating Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain Solutions: How To Improve Breathing For Less Back Pain
- The Best Low Impact Strength Exercises For Low Back Pain
- The Best Exercise For Low Back Pain You’re Probably Not Doing
- How To Fix Lower Back Pain With The Hinge
- Five Reasons For Lower Back Pain With Your Squat
- How To Solve Lower Back Pain That Comes And Goes
- How Stiff Ankles Can Cause Lower Back Pain
- What Is The Neutral Spine Position
- How To Find And Keep A Neutral Spine Position